Skills and Interests
Archaeological Excavation and Survey
- Archaeological: Ability to recognize, excavate and record archaeological features and structures. Topographical survey.
- Preparation and set out of archaeological sites and trenches for excavation.
- Proficiency in the use of Leica 400, 700, 800 and 1200 series Total Stations, Sokkia Total Stations, Leica 1200 series differential GPS, Leica Zeno handheld mapper.
- Training of staff and students in the use of all above equipment.
- Download, processing, visualisation and analysis of archaeological survey data.
- Photogrammetry using a range of software and methods.
- Able to use traditional survey methods, such as plane tables and offsetting.
- Confident in the handling, illustration and photography of objects.
- Knowledgeable in museum databases and cataloguing systems, including database software The Museum System (TMS).
- Experience in designing temporary exhibitions through volunteering and work experience.
- English and German: bilingual.
- French: fluent.
- Egyptian Arabic: good working knowledge.
- Italian: working knowledge.
- Middle, Old and Late Egyptian: hieroglyphs and hieratic.
- Latin: Latinum.
- Coptic, Ancient Greek and Akkadian: basic working knowledge.
Other Interests and Activities:
- Through my interest in ancient glass I have acquired some glass-working skills, including bead-making and glass-blowing.
- I enjoy reading modern literature in English, German and French.
- I like exercising and frequent my local gym. I have been known to go for the occasional run.